Thursday, April 19, 2012

Swimming in the Dark


Yesterday after eating lunch I fell into a food coma. All I wanted to do was nap. I struggled through the rest of my work day and decided to nap when I got home instead of going to the pool right away. No I was not skipping my swim, just doing it later. But, let me tell you, 45 glorious minutes later I felt so much better. I wish naps were installed into the work day like we were back in kindergarten. Life would be good then.
 
Anyhow, onto my swim. Jason and I headed to the pool at 7:45. This is pretty late for me, but I was excited to swim yesterday. The pool is usually somewhat crowded at this time, but not last night. I split a lane for about 20 minutes, then had the lane to myself. I made myself up a workout that I didn't really care for once I started swimming. 2 x 500, 2 x 400, 2 x 300, 2 x 200, 2 x 100, and 100 cool down. But the cool thing about last nights swim, the LIGHTS WENT OUT! At first it scared me but then they told us that we could keep swimming. I had 500 left and it was just so awesome to swim these in the dark. Of course there was a little light coming in from the outside, but it was more like moon light than anything. It reminded me of being a kid back in parents pool swimming at night. It also felt like I snuck into the pool to swim which made me feel like I was doing something wrong. I don't know why I thought it was so cool, I just did.
 
And on a side note, this morning Jason and I rode at Haines Point. This is the third workout this week that we have done together :) I love that we are able to ride together.


 
Happy Thurs All :) 

4 comments:

  1. Swimming in the dark sounds peaceful, especially if there's nobody else around to get in your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! I've swum before when just the pool lights were on (and not the overhead ones), but never when it was totally dark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love swimming in the dark, especially with my waterproof iPod! That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had to swim in the semi-dark last week because the new lifeguard didn't know where the lightswitches were.

    ReplyDelete