Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Year in Race Review

Jan: No Races — Boo!  But this was the first time I had been in the pool since taking swimming lessons when I was 7!

Feb: Yep still no races — more boo! And I can finally make it more than one pool length without dying!

March:
1. National Half Marathon - I was hoping for a PR and had trained really good for this race. Unfortunally I tripped over a side walk running and strained something in my knee. I didn't run for a week before the race and had tears running doing my face for most of the run! I managed to finish in 1:53 which I guess isn't bad with all things considering.
OH and I can actually swim a mile!

April:
2. Cherry Blossom 10 miler - that I had to downgrade to a 5k. My knee was still hurting and I didn't want to waste my money, plus this race is hard to get into. I walk it and made a new friends along the way.

May:
3. My first cycling anything event... the Six Pillars Century (I did the 56 mile course). It was so much fun, but umm...yeah I realized I need some clip shoes. Riding 56 miles with tennis shoes on made me look like a dork.


4. Dead Man's 5k - I was excited about racing a 5k because I never have before and I wanted to see how fast I could go. I was disappointed though because there was no timing chips at the race and I didn't start at the front. I was the 8th women to cross the finish line, but who really knew what place you were officially in without timing chips? Unfair!

Also my first open water swim clinic: I thought I was going to die! I'm never swimming in the Chesapeake bay again! I literally almost died!  

June:  
5. Splash N' Dash - a fun little race with a 300 meters swim and a 5k run. Just what I needed before my first tri!


6. DC Tri (Sprint) - My first tri .. EVER!!! I was so excited and nervous at the same time! I was way over trained and should have done the oly distance, but same different I guess... I had the best time ever!!! I am officially hooked on tris!!!


July: No races because I went on the best vacation ever.... a Baltic see cruise! I got to see so many cool places and it was a nice break from training even though I felt sluggish when I got back two weeks later.


August:
7. Du the 2 dualton - another first for me! run 2, bike 26, run 4 ... what is there not to love? Oh I can tell you... racing in August! It was hot as hell and I was over heating again! I need to try to remember this before I go and do anything stupid and register for another race in August....


8. North East Tri (Oly Distance) - There was a major storm and all the distances got cut down except for the run. It was a wet and miserable race, but dare I say it was fun?


September:
9. Nations Tri (OLY) - Something is against me and doesn't want me to do an oly distance! It rained cats and dogs for a week before the race and the swim was canceled! The bike course was crowded and the run was hot. I had the best support team though!


10. Back Roads Century - I was a wimp and only did the 50 mile loop. What is wrong with me? I regret this! I should have rode 100 miles.


October:
11. San Jose RNR Half Marathon - this is the first time I have really traveled for a race, but it was a great excuse to visit and run with one of my best friends. I thought I was going to PR at this race, but I had back/hip problems going into it and took two weeks off from running. This was my first big mistake amoung many smaller mistakes. I still have a blast though!


12. Waterman's HIM Relay - Yet again another first :) Doing a relay was so much fun, although I felt bad running past the other people during the half marathon. They looked so tired when my legs were nice and fresh. I ended up PRing even though I wasn't trying too :)
 

 13. Baltimore Half Marathon - the last of my string of halfs! And the best part was I was running it with my one and only! Best Race Ever! Someone tell Jason he needs to run more races with me :)


November:
14. Freedom Half marathon - I was suppose to run the Philly Half, but went to a family bday instead. And guess what?!?! This half marathon was so kind to me and I finally got my sub 1:50!!! Actually I had a big PR with a time of 1:44 ... I was so happy!


15. Some 5k Turkey Trot - A fun little turkey trot that I ran with Jason and it gave us a chance to show off our turkey hats :)



Decemeber:
16. The hot chcolcate 15k - Well, obviously this was the best ran race ever...NOT!!! Although I still had fun hanging out with Victoria and talking about our great idea for 2012.


Overall I had so much fun racing this year with lots of first time races!! And I can't wait for my 2012 season to begin. IM Louisville.. you are so mine :)

Did you have fun racing this year? What are you your A races for next year?

Happy Thursday All :)

7 comments:

  1. New to your blog, but that is a great year! Here's to a great 2012 as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great year of racing and progressing! I'm excited for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good year! I'm sure 2012 will be even more exciting - lots of big races for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really awesome year. And with Louisville 2012 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO awesome!! You had the kind of year that I want to have next year! Excited to see all that you accomplish this upcoming year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post and what a fantastic year of races you have had! I might have to steal this idea. . .

    ReplyDelete