Thursday, December 8, 2011

3 Things Thurs - more IM stuff

1. I usually tag along with M to his swim lessons on Wednesdays, but yesterday I just couldn't make myself. I looked out the window and it was still raining and my couch was feeling so comfy. I thought to myself that I miswell take advantage of not having to train for anything right now and allowed myself to skip it. I hate being home by myself and thought I might be bored, but instead spent the hour watching more IM videos. When M got back home he walked into my watching a video of the Louisville bike course that someone had tapped. He simply said: "What a dork." And I guess I am a dork for watching a video of someone filming a road out their car window and finding it entertaining and helpful. I still have not made up my mind if I'm more scared about Louisville or Mooseman. 
 
2. I heard a knock on my door while I was busy doing my field research and ignored it thinking it was people selling firewood again. When M got home he brought up two Ironman books that I had ordered. I love these books already and reading one of them filled up the rest of my evening. I really think Ironman - Start to Finish: is going to be a very helpful book.
 
It has what seems to be a very good 24 week training program. I have not had a chance to look at the other book I ordered, but it is filled with several different training plans. I would love to use a coach, but they are pricey and well enough said on that. I think my best course of action at this point is to combine a training program for a HIM with the 24 week IM training plan from this book. I would pick up the IM training plan at week 10, two weeks before my 70.3 which seems to work out perfect. I have never been one to do spread sheets and use different colors, but I am now and it looks so pretty. And of course I will use all my wonderful friends who know what they are doing to help me :)
 
3. After looking at what is in store for me starting the week of Jan 16th, I am taking it easy for the rest of this month and the beginning of Jan. I know I better enjoy my off time while I can.
 
Happy Thurs All :)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck figuring out your training plans! I always love a good color coded spreadsheet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call on resting up before the real training begins. You don't want to go into your cycle worn out! Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete