Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

 
I hope everyone had a great weekend and raced well.
 
Friday was my first chance to do my long run. And here goes my first mistake of the weekend...skipping my long run on Friday night. I don't know why, but I just couldn't force myself to run after work. Although I did get to help a sweaty friend celebrate her birthday and go to a yummy steak dinner with my M. 
 
That's ok, Saturday I had a second chance to run! I got up in hopes of running my 10 miles, but once again I just couldn't push myself out the door to run in the cold rain/snow. Why didn't I run on Friday?? Errr.... Call me a baby, call me a wimp, but my warm house just seemed so much more inviting :)
 
Chance number three to run .... Sunday! Well, I might have stayed up till 3am partying on U st and sleep in till 10am. Then I was off to coach from 11 - 4.  By the time I got home at 4, all I wanted to do was eat and sleep. And that's just about what I did.
 
So what's that leave me? That leaves me with running 10 miles tonight. Monday still counts as part of the weekend right? And I should be home in time for all the trick - o - treaters! Kiwi already said she will help me pass out candy!
 

Hope everyone was a wonderful Monday :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Training and coaching is a really tough combination. Whew...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had waited until today! I forced myself out the door at 1pm yesterday, but after fueling with candy+booze on Saturday night, I only made it 10k before giving up and hitting the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are glad you didn't run on Saturday. Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have awesome weather tonight. It was just nasty over the weekend! And who wants to run on Friday night after work? No one!

    ReplyDelete